Saturday 29 May 2010

Pretty as a PEACOCK or Proud as a PEACOCK :) !!! Here is my PEACOCK PRIDE Vintage Brooch Bouquet

So as said before I am in love with Sarah Coventry signed vintage flowers (brooches, earrings, necklaces, bracelets well ... anything :) ) So a while ago I started to collect her enamel flowers. I came across this stunning line : Fashion Petals which came in different colours : Pink, Orange (more of a Peachy Orange) Lime/Apple Green, Turquoise Blue, Black and White. What a feast for your eyes.

Green Fashion Petals Brooch - Sarah Coventry


The only problems are they are so hard to find and so expensive. I saw it's sold on Ebay at $48/set of a brooch and a pair of earrings and the price can be much higher at a collector's house. So I started looking for bargains. It's quite a hard job and time consuming. Sometimes I found some sets at a reasonable price and in fine condition but sadly the seller won't ship to the UK Grrrr! So I bought some here, some there, sometimes I asked the sellers to ship it to my friend who lives in Miami and she helped sending it over to the UK for me. After a long time with lot of patience I found enough flowers for a bouquet.

It didn't come to my mind first to use peacock feathers with the bouquet. I was in fact intending to group all the green flowers with those pink, white and oranges one for a spring bouquet. But one day white trying to tidy up my drawers I accidentally put those green, black and turquoise blue flowers together and suddenly I saw my bouquet in my head and I knew at once what I was going to do. It was so easy when you saw it so clearly in your head and there was so much fun bringing that vision to life. I just needed to add some more rhinestone vintage brooches and earrings in complimentary colours here and there, arrange some hackle feathers in spruce blue and dark emerald green , lots of peacock swords with eyes on top. Then I finished off the backing, wrap the handle and embellish it. And voila`! I loved how luxurious, rich and exotique it came out. And I loved how it sparkled under the light.

Peacock Pride Bouquet
One day while wandering on the internet I came across these two beautiful peacock wedding inspiration boards and I thought how beautifully my bouquet will match! Thought I'd post the here :)
Peacock Green and Blue Wedding Inspiration Board




Source : Inspiration Board 8 - The Southern Wedding Magazine http://www.swsmag.net/blog/2008/10/3/fuss-jewelry-contest-finalists-vote.html?currentPage=2


If you are interested, this lovely bouquet is currently available in my Etsy shop : http://www.etsy.com/listing/48040788/new-peacock-pride-vintage-inspired
Have a great Saturday everyone!

1 comment:

  1. I love this!! I always wanted real flowers then I saw your bouquet and am slowly changing my mind. It is gorgeous and you did a wonderful job on it!

    ReplyDelete